Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 1: I'm Out of Shape!

My first day of doing the "Shred." I thought that I wouldn't be doing it until the evening because my baby was very fussy during the night and I didn't get great sleep. I was so tired in the morning and just wanted to go back to sleep and not workout. My husband told me to do the workout and he would watch the kids. I decided that I should just go ahead and do it and get it out of the way.

I got dressed, got my weights, and put on the workout. Oh yes, I remember this workout and how it kicks my butt when I have not been working out in a long time! The workout starts out with a warm-up and when I was getting a little winded doing this I knew I was going to be struggling! After the warm-up you do three minutes of strength moves, two minutes of cardio, and then one minute of abs. The three-two-one is repeated two more times. The first strength exercise was doing push-ups. I started out doing the full push-up and got through five of them before I had to give-up and do the modified push-up (knees on the ground). My arms were killing me!!!! I had to take a little break because I felt like my arms were jello and couldn't hold me up. I was thinking that I was off to a horrible start! I do think that the next two strength sections in the video get easier, which was nice to have. Next was the cardio, which consisted of jumping jacks, butt kicks, punching in place, and jump roping in place without the jump rope. When I started doing these moves my son got really excited because he saw that I was doing a lot of jumping. He loves jumping. He came over to me and started jumping with me. It was really cute! We got some video and I will post that another night. The cardio was good and I got a little winded doing some of the moves, but I was able to do them all. Lastly, it was the ab workouts. These were not bad at all and I got through them fairly easily. The only issue was that my computer was up on a counter and when I laid down on the floor I couldn't see what they were doing, so I would have to watch them do it once and then get on the floor. After it was all done it was cool down time.

When the workout was finished I felt sick! I guess I pushed a little too hard for me because I just felt really sick to my stomach and it took a couple of hours for the feeling to pass. I was also reminded that working out and jumping around prepares my body to empty my bowels out (TMI I know!). At least I was close to a bathroom. I also realized that I need some new workout bras. Since being pregnant and now a breastfeeding mom my boobs are much bigger than what they were before and the bras that I have are too small for me. Hopefully I can find a time this week to get some new workout bras. I thought that after doing the workout I would feel great and energized for the rest of the day, but that was not the case. I was feeling sick and then I was just tired. Not getting good sleep definitely effects how I feel during the day. If you know me, you know how I love my sleep and when I don't get enough I am tired.

Tomorrow I will be doing the first level again (the same as today). My biggest challenge will be where I will do the exercising. We are getting the wood paneling taken off in our living room and right now the whole floor and furniture is covered with plastic and I can't exercise in there. I think that I can do the video in my bedroom since I am using my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment