Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Challenge #5: Food Diary

Hello! I'm back and ready to start a new challenge for 2012. At the end of 2011 I went on a food debauchery and gained some weight and my pants were fitting a bit too tight! I knew that in January I needed to start eating better and exercising. With eating better I have to start counting calories so that I know exactly what I am consuming. I've also read somewhere that one way to help you lose weight is by keeping a food diary of what you have eaten, so that you know exactly what you are consuming. I found this site called My Fitness Pal that was perfect for what I needed to do. The site is the most comprehensive one I have found and they have all of Trader Joe's foods in their database, which is great because that is where I do about 99% of my shopping. They also have a great mobile app where you can scan bar codes and it brings up the food's information.

I have actually been counting calories for a week and a half now and had plans to start this 30 Day Challenge earlier, but some things came up and I didn't have much time for blogging. Therefore, I will be starting today. For this 30 Day Challenge I will be writing down everything that I have eaten for the day (I won't be writing out the calorie count, but it will be between 1,200-1,500 until I start exercising and then I'll increase it accordingly). Each day I will also make one meal and I will include the recipe for that meal along with nutritional information. I pretty much eat healthy, but with this blog I am sure that I will be eating healthier since I will be blogging about what I am eating!

Here's to healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment