Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 3: Dinner Menu

On Fridays my family usually goes out to where all of the Food Trucks are and we call today "Food Truck Friday." I was really looking forward to going because there is this food truck, The Patty Wagon, that has grass fed hamburgers that are so delicious! I really crave them and just thinking about them right now makes me want one. Since I knew that the calories on these are a little high (I get two 3 oz burgers) I ate light today. Well, Big Bubs was not behaving so the food trucks were out of the question for him :(. I had to come with some alternative for dinner that had more calories then what I was planning. I also still have some more that I need to eat, but I am not sure what I will have and I want to get this post finished :)

Here is today's menu:

Breakfast:
Steel-cut oatmeal with honey, fresh blueberries, and almond butter with flax seeds.
Tea with honey

Lunch:
Leftovers of the cauliflower crusted pizza
Salted Popped Potato Chips
Clementine
Wasa Crispbread with tomato basil hummus and rotisserie chicken

Snacks:
Almonds
Clementine
Goldfish Crackers--the boys were having some and whenever they are out I cannot not have them.
Graham Cracker

Dinner Menu with Nutritional Information:


Burger:
1/2 Bun
1 Vegan Burger
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp ketchup
handful of fresh spinach
2 tomato slices

Salad:
1 cup of fresh spinach
1 tomato (I used the rest of the tomato after I cut the slices from the burger)
1/2 oz of crumbled goat cheese
4 cherries
1/4 chopped cucumber
1 tsp Cranberry, Walnut, & Gorgonzola Salad Dressing

Sweet Potatoes:
1 small (130g) sweet potato, sliced
*I heated the oven to 385 and sprayed a baking sheet with olive oil. Then I put the slices of the sweet potato on the baking sheet and sprayed them with olive oil and lightly salted them. I baked them for 20 minutes.

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 450
Carbs: 75g
Fat: 8g
Protein: 23g

*Again, the above is calculated from My Fitness Pal's recipe calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment