Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 1: Costumes!

What is Halloween without costumes?  I personally haven't had a Halloween costume in a long time, but every year my boys have worn one.  This year I had asked Big Bubs what he wanted to be for Halloween and he said that he wanted to be a shark.  My reply, "A shark?  Why do you want to be a shark?"  I should preface this by saying that for Big and Little Bubs they were both sharks for their second Halloween.  It was a cute outfit, but I'm kind of tired of sharks.  BB would not budge on this subject.  I have no idea where he got the idea, but I have asked him several times thinking that he would change his mind.  It did not, so a shark it is!  I had looked at patterns to make a shark costume, but I had to give myself a reality check because 1) I don't know how to sew and 2) I have no time to figure out how to sew a costume.  I searched online and the best costume and deal was one from Target.  I just looked at the costume and it looks like they are all sold out!  I'm so glad that I got it when I did!



I know, I know I need to figure out how to take better pictures or get them off of the web better, but you get the idea of what his costume is going to be.  We got the Kids' size 4T-6T and my BB is on the short side and this costume barely fits him.  I think that the sizing is really small, but luckily it works for us because they don't have a bigger size!  We just got the costume in the mail two days ago and BB has already worn it a lot.  He loves it and wants to always wear it.  I had to take it and put it away so that he doesn't destroy it before Halloween.

Since BB was going to be a shark I figured that I could keep with the Ocean theme and Little Bubs could be an Octopus.  I found the best deal on Amazon.  It is cute and I have only managed to get it on LB once.  He cried the whole time and wouldn't let me put the headpiece on, but the headpiece looks small.  Even on the packaging the kid doesn't have it all the way connected under the chin.  I just hope that this Halloween is not going to be a miserable one for him being in this costume!

I got the above picture off of the web!  I think maybe the Target one just wasn't working right.  Anyway, that will be LB's costume.

Then we were at Target the other day and we got the plastic pumpkins for the candy.  They had blue and I thought that it would be perfect for the Ocean theme that I'm going with.


Lastly, since I got the costumes before this 30 day challenge I am going to give you something else related to the fall/Halloween.  But before that, I just have to toot my own horn and say that I can't believe that I am this ahead of the game for costumes.  Usually I like to do stuff last minute, but this year not so!  Let's just hope I can keep that up :).

I went shopping at Trader Joe's and I found these gems!


We love the breakfast bars from Trader Joe's and when I saw that they had pumpkin I got so excited!  I couldn't wait to try them and they did not disappoint!  Now the problem will be to limit our intake of them because they are still filled with sugar and lots of ingredients, but they are very delicious!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment