Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 6: Pumpkin Cupcakes




I know that pumpkins aren't necessarily a Halloween thing, but I really think that they are a big part of Halloween so any recipe with pumpkin in it will count for me :)!

Little Bubs birthday is this week and since we have family in town now and not during his birthday we decided to celebrate a few days early.  For the birthday dessert I made Pumpkin Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Buttercream frosting.  It was delicious!  I got the recipe from Made In Melissa's Kitchen and you should go check out her blog for the recipe and photo (I'm feeling too lazy to type it out and you should really see what the cupcake should look like!).  I have to learn how to frost cupcakes and since I'm not a huge buttercream fan I don't like to put on a lot of frosting like what is in her pictures.  Plus, I burned the caramel a little, so mine has a darker cream color to it.

I have finally learned my lesson too!  Most cookie and cupcake recipes make 24 servings.  24 servings is just way too much and I end up eating a lot more than what I should.  This time I remembered to cut the recipe in half so I would only get 12 cupcakes, which was plenty!  I made a couple of changes to her recipe.  I used only unsalted butter, but added in a little more salt to make up for the salted butter I wasn't using.

The cupcakes and frosting turned out really great and Little Bubs ate it all up!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment