Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 2: Pumpkin Cheeseburgers


From the title I'm guessing that you might have thought that there was actual pumpkin in the cheeseburgers, but that was not the case.  We just made the cheese to look like carved pumpkins :).  I got this idea from Red Ted Art.  They actually didn't come up with the idea, but they could not find the original source.  I thought that it was pretty genius for whoever thought of it!

Last night was cheeseburger night and I just happened to see this idea from Pinterest and I thought that it was really appropriate for my challenge.  It was super easy to do and the boys LOVED it!

First I got my cheese slices and cut little faces in them.  From the inspiration picture of these they used square pieces of cheese, but I thought that the round ones would look better, so I got some Colby cheese from TJs (can you tell I shop at TJs a lot?).  BB got really excited when he saw the faces being formed.  Plus, he liked eating the cut-out cheese.


We started grilling the burgers and my husband was convinced that the cheese slices would melt a lot and you wouldn't be able to see the faces.  I told him that I had confidence that they would be fine!  Turns out I was right (see the first photo).  I actually think that they turned out really well.

Pumpkin face cheeseburgers on the grill
Doing Halloween themed stuff is pretty fun!

-Heather








No comments:

Post a Comment