Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 24: Yikes! Less Time Than I Thought

I realized yesterday when I was reading that I only have seven more days to read this book and that the time was going to go by very quickly! So the Kindle shows that the book is 394 pages (Amazon said that it was 405). I started on page 79 today and that meant that I would need to read 45 pages each day for the next seven days to make my goal of the four books in a month! I know that 50 pages a day was originally what I figured I would have to read, but this week is a busy one for me so I am trying to figure out when I am going to get the reading done. Plus, when the day is over and the boys are in bed I just want to sleep or veg out on the couch. I am going to try my hardest to get it done!

So for today I actually only read 35 pages! I was doing as much of the reading as I could during the night and I only made it that far because the baby started crying and we couldn't soothe him back to sleep, so that meant it was bedtime for me :( Ignatius gets a job at a pants factory working in the office. He only gets the job because they are in desperate need of workers and want anyone. Ignatius is a total slacker and here is what he says about the job, which I think is hilarious and I should use it the next time I am employed:

"I have taken to arriving at the office one hour later than I am expected. Therefore, I am far more rested and refreshed when I do arrive, and I avoid that bleak first hour of the working day during which my still sluggish senses and body make every chore a penance. I find that in arriving later, the work which I do perform is of a much higher quality."

Ignatius' mom has also become friends with the police officer Mancuso and they have started going out bowling together and Ignatius can't believe this. He doesn't seem to want his mother to have a life outside of taking care of him! I sure do hope that my boys are not anything like him when they are older!

Okay back to reading for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment