Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 28: Happy V-Day and Cereal Bars



Happy late Valentine's Day! I was a busy mom yesterday and around 8:30 I was down for the count. I think that I needed some sleep and boy did I get some! I am actually feeling really tired right now, but I don't want to be two posts behind, so you'll at least get this one. Valentine's Day was a fun day and I even splurged and had some sweets, but I didn't overdue it and I was happy that I was able to reel it in!

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt with blueberries, granola, and maple syrup

The boys had a heart egg, heart toast, and heart watermelon.


Lunch:
Rotisserie chicken
Homemade cinnamon-raisin bread
Homemade buttermilk bread

Dinner:
I fell asleep before I had dinner, but I snacked a lot before dinner, so that was like a dinner

Snacks:
Goldfish crackers
Strawberry Oatmeal Cereal Bars (see recipe below)
Round crackers with heart cheese slices
Grapes
Homemade heart shaped cheese pizza
Strawberry cupcake with frosting

Recipe: Strawberry Oatmeal Cereal Bars



This recipe I got from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. The recipe was for her Food Network show and it sounded like it was yummy and I wanted to make it. I had plans to use a heart shaped cookie cutter and make heart cereal bars, but it didn't work out because the cereal bars crumbled a little too much (not a bad thing) and I was running short on time. I think that if I had more time to let the cereal bars cool it might have been easier to use the cookie cutter? This is also an excellent recipe to do with small kids. Big Bubs helped a lot and enjoyed what he was able to do.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10-ounce jar of reduced sugar strawberry preserves



Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.

2. Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into 24 squares. Serve and enjoy!



Nutritional Information:
Servings: 24
Calories: 154
Carbs: 21
Fat: 7
Protein: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment