Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 13: Something New Photo



A baby that is 13 days old seemed like the perfect subject for this blog photo, "Something New." My friend Carol had her baby boy Maddox on 8/1/11 and he is adorable. When I went to go drop off a meal for their family I got to meet the little guy. It is funny to me how easily one forgets how small newborns are. Little Bubs is only 10 months old, but I forgot that he was once so tiny (pictures always make the babies look bigger than what they are too). The whole time that I was there visiting, Maddox was passed out and looked like he was in a food coma :) It was nice meeting the new guy and catching up with some friends. Prior to having kids I never even thought about how bringing a meal to a family that has just had a baby would be one of the best gifts ever. After I had LB friends brought us meals for two weeks. It was so nice not to have to think about cooking and cleaning up for dinner. It was the best gift and now whenever I have a friend that is having a baby I always want to make sure I bring them a dinner. There is this great site that lets someone organize meals to bring to a family. If you know of a friend or family member that will be having a baby soon, please offer to bring them a meal because it really does mean a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment