Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 16: Something You Love Photo



Something that I love is animals! This is our dog Lucy, who we have had for five years now. She is a really great dog and has been beyond great with the boys. We love her to pieces! I also love lots of animals. We have four cats and five chickens too. We also do not live on a big property. If we did live somewhere with a much bigger yard I know that we would have more animals. I would love to have goats, sheep, pigs, a cow, lizards, turtles, ducks, the list goes on and on. I think that I need to live on a farm :) Right now I am obsessed with getting a second dog. When we adopted Lucy there was another litter of puppies at the shelter where we got her from. I had really wanted one of the other puppies, but my husband wanted Lucy more. Lucy was super cute and she was already potty trained, which was a huge plus. We ended up going with her and I was not disappointed in that decision. Well, I just happened to be looking at the shelter's website and I saw that one of the dogs from the litter that I wanted was returned to the shelter :( They said that something traumatic happened in the family and it broke up and she was returned. It made me sad and I just wanted to adopt her. I'm going to go check her out, but I have a feeling that she won't be a good fit for us because they don't know how she is with kids and chickens. Also, Lucy has some dog aggression issues when she first meets a dog. Plus, I think that I have to be a little crazy to want another dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment