Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 23: Food Photo



I decided to do a food photo today because I wanted to show what I have finally been getting from my garden. This year I planted my garden super duper late! In years past I have usually started a good majority of them from seed, but as June passed I figured that I just needed to go ahead and buy plants from a nursery. I didn't get around to buying the plants until the 4th of July weekend. It was then that I planted everything. I was seeing a lot of pictures and hearing about all of the veggies that friends were getting and my plants were still growing. Finally, last week and this week the veggies started growing bigger and were getting big enough to pick! I'm really excited about that. I am really amazed at how fast and big zucchini grow. I read that you need to pick them when they are a medium size, but for two of them I waited a little too long. I LOVE how I got a Siamese yellow squash! A couple of the cherry tomatoes are from a rogue plant (which was also from a rogue plant). Then we have a couple of eggs from our chickens (Foghorn and Betsy). In the background of the picture is our homemade Sous-Vide Cooker! We were cooking up some steak tonight for dinner. A really cool looking thing that cooks the steaks perfectly!



You get two pictures today!!! Tonight I decided to try making Zucchini Fries. Of course, I got this idea from Pinterest (if you need an invite let me know and I'll send you one or you could just go there and sign-up too!). They looked really good and since I had all of this zucchini from my garden I thought that I would give it a try. They tasted delicious!!! Her recipe calls for milk, but I used rice milk. I also didn't have Italian seasoning bread crumbs, so I just used regular bread crumbs and tossed in some Italian seasoning. Lastly, I had grated Parmesan cheese. I was very pleasantly pleased.

I have also determined that I am not a good food photo taker! I imagine that this food would look a lot more appealing if it was photographed well :)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the book club. Did you guys pick a new book? And zucchini fries are one of my favorite things. Those look really tasty. I do the same thing with asparagus and it's yummy too.

    ReplyDelete