Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 16: Tired

The baby was pretty fussy during the night and our older son came into our room around 5am and woke all of us up. My husband was able to get the toddler back to sleep by sleeping in his bed with him. I couldn't get the baby back to sleep, so at 6:30 I decided that I would just get up and workout. I set the baby down on his play gym and started working out. It is amazing to me how different a workout feels when you are tired. I just couldn't get my body really motivated. I wasn't trying at all to push myself and do the harder moves. I was just trying to get through the workout. I even took a couple of breaks without first trying to talk myself into pushing through the pain. I was sorting of hoping that my baby would start crying or become a little fussy so that it would give me an excuse to stop and take a break, but that never happened. The nice thing about doing the workout so early was that it was over and done with so early. My husband and son were still not up when I was finished. It was pretty funny because after I had eaten breakfast and was sitting on the couch with the baby my husband tells me that he can watch the baby so that I could workout. I laughed and told him that I already worked out. I guess that I didn't work out too hard because he wasn't able to tell that I worked out at all!

One thing that I am noticing and I am not happy about is the pain I am having in my right knee. Sometimes I even feel it in my left knee. This is the same pain that I got when I was running about 1.5 years ago. It made running painful for me and I am just hoping that the knee pain isn't going to return because I have a half marathon that I am doing in July and I really want to get back into running. I never thought that I would say that I want to run, but I do! I find that this video (especially this level) has a lot of jumping moves, which don't seem to help the knees. I only have a few more days of this level and then I move on. I hope that level three has some more knee friendly moves.

I also think that when it is a rainy day and all gloomy outside it makes me less motivated to workout. I kind of just want to veg out in front of the TV all day, but that won't happen with a toddler and a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment