Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 17: Bad Idea

I really wasn't thinking tonight when I was doing my workout about how I would feel afterwards! When I was done with my workout I was feeling like I had to throw-up and I still kind of feel that way about an hour later :(. I'll get to why I feel so sick (if you haven't guessed yet) a little bit later...

This morning I was once again tired and not feeling like working out in the morning. I knew that I had the evening free to workout so I decided that I would work out then or if both boys were sleeping during the day I would try and workout then. Well, my toddler seems to be boycotting his naps lately. For the past two days he gets into bed and within 10 minutes he is out of bed and causing havoc. I really love nap times and I hope that he isn't getting rid of his naps! The baby slept for a little bit during this time, but he would have slept more if the toddler didn't wake him up. Did I mention that I love nap time for my boys? Well, I REALLY do! Since there was no sleeping I didn't work out in the afternoon. I still knew that I would be working out and I wasn't going to skip out on today, but it would have to be after the boys went to bed.

Rewind to Monday. For Valentine's Day I had made some heart cookies. I had some leftover dough that had been in our freezer for awhile and I decided that it was time to use it up. After the cookies were made my husband suggested that we bring some to our neighbors because they brought us some cookies a couple of weeks ago. When my husband said this, it was in front of my toddler and my toddler got really excited about the idea. I then told my husband that the dough kind of had a freezer burn taste to it and it wasn't that bad, but I don't know if we want to give it to the neighbors. We decided that we would not give them these cookies. Unfortunately, my son had it in his mind that we would be bringing our neighbors cookies. He kept asking about the cookies and so I decided that I would make some more cookies just so that we could bring some over to the neighbors. We made the dough, for our new batch of cookies, yesterday and I wanted to bring some to book club, but we didn't start in time and had to leave so we saved the dough for today. This evening I started baking the cookies and making the frosting for the cookies. Of course, when we were baking the cookies I would eat some of the dough (I know it is bad, but I can't help it!). Then after the cookies were done I had one cookie. Then it was dinnertime. Today is our dog's birthday and for her birthday she gets a plain hamburger from In-N-Out. Since we were going there for her birthday dinner we decided we would get our dinner from there too. I had a hamburger with some fries. After dinner I made the caramel frosting for my cookies. The frosting consists of 7 tablespoons butter, 2/3 cup light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon corn syrup, 1.5 tablespoons hot water, and 1 2/3 cup powdered sugar. You can see how sweet that is! I was eating some of it (after it cooled down) and then I had one cookie that had this frosting on the top of it.

About half an hour later I decided that I would do my workout. I was doing it and feeling alright. My right knee was hurting so I took it easy on the jumping exercises and by the time I got to the jump rope section I didn't do all of it because of my knee so I did some punches instead. Other than my knee I felt pretty good about the workout and how I was feeling. When I was done with the workout and we are stretching I noticed how much more flexible I am this evening then when I am during the morning. I wonder if I am more flexible in the evening because my body is more stretched out? Anyway, I stretch and then I turn off the video and I instantly feel like I have to throw-up. My stomach hurt so bad and I felt so sick. I hate feeling this way! I got some water and sat down on the couch. I know that I am sick because I ate so many sweet things and had fast food right before I worked out. Why I didn't think that I would be sick after this workout I don't know. It all makes perfect sense that I would feel sick, but I guess that my brain was on a sugar high and wasn't thinking correctly :( I am feeling a little bit better, but my advice for today is: don't eat fast food and cookies right before you workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment