Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 5: Feeling Good

Today I decided that I wanted to do the workout in the morning again because I felt so much better getting it done in the morning and it was something that definitely made me feel better. This time around I was going to workout in my living room because my computer was there and my son wouldn't be able to get to it.

I decided that this workout I needed to push myself a little bit harder than what I had been pushing myself. Some of my muscles were a little sore, but they are getting much better. I also decided that I would use my three pound dumbbells instead of the two pound ones that I had been using in my bedroom (this was probably more of a lazy decision on my part...didn't want to walk to my bedroom to get the smaller weights). This time around I did five full push-ups and then I did the modified ones, but I did more than what I had been able to do in the past four workouts. Of course, when I told my husband that I could only do five full ones he commented on how he did 27 full ones, show-off :)! Then when it got to the cardio section for the first circuit I told myself that even if my legs were killing me I had to push through it. The jumping jacks were killing my quads and I just wanted to stop, but I kept on going and went straight into the jump roping, where my calves were killing me. I did the set again and never did I stop to take a break!!!! That seemed like a big accomplishment for me lately. The rest of the workout went really well and my son only interrupted me once, but that was fine.

In the video Jillian says that you should start to notice a difference in how you feel around days 5-7 compared to the first days and I believe that she is right. I definitely felt much stronger today than what I had felt in the past. I was also using two pounds more in weights and it didn't feel like there was any difference. I know that in a couple more days this workout will seem like a breeze, well I am hoping it will.

Okay, that is it for now because I am about to fall asleep here typing this. No sleep=a very tired Heather!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Heather! You are doing a grrrreat job!! You are super woman! I love reading this!

    ReplyDelete