Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 22, 23, & 24: Level Two Completed

I can't believe that I am behind in this blog by three days! The time just got away from me. Also, I usually would type up the blog in the evenings and lately that has been impossible with the baby. I have mentioned before that he has been especially fussy and lately I have been holding him in the evenings so that he will fall asleep and stay asleep. Since I can't do much while holding the baby I eventually fall asleep too. The extra sleep that I am getting on the couch is nice, but I am not getting anything else done. My dream is for the baby to start taking naps during the day and to go to sleep at night without needing me. My oldest one didn't start sleeping through the night until he was nine months and I don't know if I have it in me to go another five months like this!

Now back to the working out section of this blog. For level two I missed three days. I wasn't sure if I should make up the days or if I should just move on to level three so that I would be done in the 30 days. I decided that I should just finish up level two. The past three days I have done level two and I finally finished it on Wednesday! I had to make modifications to level two because of my right knee that was hurting. Like I mentioned before I didn't do high knees, oblique twists, and jump rope and instead did punching or jumping jacks. For some reason the jumping jacks don't seem to bother my knee. I also still would get really tired doing the last ab workout. It hurt my arms more holding myself up then it did my abs. I don't know what happened with me and this level, but the motivation really wasn't there for me. A lot of the times I really didn't want to work out and was not looking forward to it. I would think about being finished during the workout a lot and I found myself not pushing as hard as I could probably go. I think that I was also getting a bit bored with doing the same workout every day. I am just glad that the level is done. I will be starting level three today and I hope that it goes better than level two! I know that level three is a bit harder than level two, but I am excited to start some new exercises. I am still contemplating whether or not I should do a couple of days where I exercise twice in one day to finish up in 30 days. I guess that if I can find the time and motivation I will.

I also just wanted to say that I wish that I would have taken some body measurements before I started "The Shred" to see if I am leaner. I know that I have actually gained a pound since starting this and I would like to think that it is muscle that I gained, but the sweet stuff that I have been eating has been a little crazy lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment