Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 10: Medicine

Today I am thankful for medicine, particularly Ibuprofen. Big and Little Bubs have had colds (which they got from BB's school) and they were just that at first. Little Bubs seemed a bit out of sorts for the day and not feeling as well. I checked his temperature throughout the day and he was running a very low-grade fever. Once it reached 101 I gave him some Motrin (Ibuprofen) for the first time and it took the fever down and he was acting fine. Then this morning at 4am he woke up crying and I went into his room and he was burning up. I took his temperature and it was 103! This freaked me out because of my last experience with a really high fever. I got LB, undressed him, gave him some Ibuprofen and gave him some liquids. He was acting fine, which made me feel better because with BB he was not himself when he had his high fever. After a half hour I checked his temperature and it was already down to 101. By an hour it was down to 100 and LB was ready to go to sleep! I am hoping that when he wakes up this morning that he will be done with the fever. I am REALLY thankful for Ibuprofen. It is the one medicine that makes fevers go down fast and it gives me a piece of mind! I do have the urge to go in and take LB's temperature every half hour, but I want the kid to sleep and I know that the Motrin does last awhile. Unfortunately, Big Bubs woke-up because of all of the commotion and has been up since 4 (it is now 5:45). I hope that he can go back to sleep, but I am doubting that :(

Big Bubs is thankful for, "you giving me a cereal bar today." Before we went out on a walk with some friends I gave him a cereal bar from Trader Joe's (one of our favorite stores). Both the boys love food, so it wasn't a surprise that he was thankful for some food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment