Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5: Nice Customer Service Reps

Today I am thankful for Alana! She was the nicest customer service rep that I have ever had to deal with. I am not a very big "talker" and I would much prefer to do communication via email than over the phone, but I needed to make a few phone calls today. I've had on my to do list for quite some time to cancel some credit cards that I haven't used in awhile and some that needed to be canceled before I got the annual fee charged. Today I decided was the day that I would cancel them and I wasn't looking forward to the calls. Usually when I call to cancel a card they try anything and everything to get me to keep the credit card. It is like they don't take "no" for an answer and I wish that they did. The first credit card that I was calling to cancel I ended up not canceling it, but plan on trying again soon :) The next card that I wanted to cancel I called and got this lovely lady named Alana. I told her that I wanted to cancel my card and she asked, "why," but in a very friendly and curious manner. Once I told her she said, "okay, well I just want to check your account to see if you have any points that we can cash out for you." I told her that there probably wasn't going to be anything because the last time I used the card was in 2008 and I don't remember using that card very much. It turns out there were points that added up to $20! Alana told me that she was going to send me a check for $20 and then told me that my credit card was closed. She then asked me if I wanted a letter stating that my account was closed. "Yes please!" She then thanked me for my business and said that if I ever wanted to get a credit card with them again that they would be happy about that. That was it! No begging me to stay, no telling me they will do this and that and I get $20 out of it. It was so easy and no hassle! Of course, this was wonderful to me! When Alana was done speaking I told her that she was the nicest customer service rep that I have ever talked to. She was very thankful and a little surprised that I was saying this, which she shouldn't be because she was so nice and friendly. She said that it made her day to hear that. Being in customer service myself, it is really nice hearing when you are doing a great job!

Big Bubs is thankful for, "this room I'm in." He was playing in mom and dad's bedroom with his brother and dad and he was having a great time. He was jumping on the bed, running around like crazy, and just being a goof! He was probably in my room for an hour having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment