Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 23: I'm Capable...

Today I am thankful that I am capable of helping out other families in need during this holiday season. I belong to the MOMS Club and this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas we "adopted" a family to help out. The family that we adopted is a 25 year old mother with her two children that are five and four. This family was recently homeless and are now just getting back on their feet. I am really thankful that my husband has a job and that we can afford for me to stay home with the boys and even have a little extra to help out this family. Another member and myself went to drop off the Thanksgiving meal to the mom, along with some gift cards, and she was really grateful for everything. At one point it looked like she was about to cry, which was really touching to see. Being a part of this MOMS Club I have really done a lot in helping out families in need and it is a really great thing to do and I wish that I had done it sooner. At least I am starting now!

BB is thankful for, "Dad." I think that BB needs to spend more time with Dad so that he can be thankful for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment